It’s a rainy cool Sunday here in Maine, making it the BEST day to try out a new recipe! I seriously love KIND granola bars but do not love that they contain soy. Because of that I stick to my trusty Larabars most of the time and the coconut ones are my favorite! Larabars are soy free and gluten free so they are #1 in my book but I do love the texture of the KIND bars so today I attempted to put something together that was similar without the soy.
My favorite KIND bars are hands down the coconut and almond ones so that is what I attempted to recreate today. Whenever I cook my girls are never far behind and today they were all about having some honey 🙂
- 1/2 cup of almond butter ( you could use peanut butter or any other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 1/2 cup group flax or chia seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded coconut ( I used closer to 1/2 today)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (you could use other nuts of your choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt almond butter and honey until warm, I’m sure you could do this on the stovetop but I chose to use the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix together.
- Add oats into the almond butter and honey and mix.
- Add coconut, chopped almonds, and chia seeds, stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Coat a pan (I used 8×8 glass dish) with coconut oil to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Press the mixture into the dish and spread out evenly.
- Put the dish in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and wait for 5 minutes then cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store remaining bars in the refrigerator.
Makes – 10 medium size bars.
I think this would be delicious with fruit or other nuts added as well. I think next time I may try cranberries and dark chocolate, what would you add?!